Barbie World + review

That Fighter Spirit

The Fighter

The Fighter

You may remember me harping on about Mark Wahlberg’s project The Fighter a while back. He plays Irish boxer Mickey Ward and the film follows his early years when he was trained by his brother before he went pro in the 80s. Directed by David O Russell (who worked with Wahlberg previously on I Heart Huckabees and Three Kings), it also stars Christian Bale as Ward’s brother, Amy Adams as the love interest and Melissa Leo as the mother. I spoke to Mark Wahlberg exclusively about the film earlier this year and he had this to say:

“Mickey Ward is probably my favourite (character I’ve played). It hasn’t come out yet, it’s December 10th. It’s a film I produced, starred in and took four and a half years to get made. I’m very, very excited about it. It turned out really well.”

From the superbly acted and dramatic trailer below, I would have to say I agree with him. Although Bale, whoa, can that guy transform himself or what? He’s gone back to his The Machinist frame and even acquired a bald patch for the role, which looks like a return to his more versatile and brilliant acting days. I cannot wait.