Barbie World + mini cupcakes

Derby Theme Dessert Table!

This is the Kentucky Derby inspired dessert table that I designed and "my husband" helped fabricate (lucky me). It was for a "Night At The Races" Fundrasing Event. We had turf left over from this football party and reused it to create a horse track! Love when I get to reuse stuff! We used brown sugar as dirt, and miniature horses to "run" the track. Hold on for lots of deets & photos!

Mint Julep is a fave at the Kentucky Derby (I did my research;) I used mason jars that I picked up at an antique shop, and placed them on top of Spearmint Gum packs. This was a HUGE hit!

I kept everything in the Neutral family because I thought it complimented the track.

This was a big event, and I needed help so I enlisted in the help of my baking diva friend Loren from The Baking Sheet to make horseshoe cookies to match my cupcake toppers!

One of my readers Christina from Pluff Mudd Studio sent me a email with Kentucky Derby printables just in time for the event~ how'd she know?!

Strawberry Short Cake in a cup♥

Mini Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Swirl Butter Cream Cheese frosting! That's a mouth full in itself!

I designed these cute little take home bags too! Other take home sweets included but not pictured were Kettle Corn, and Mints.
*This was totally out of my comfort zone in designing, but I think I pulled it off?!

The DIY Show Off
The Girl Creative
Making

DIY Day @ ASPTL