Barbie World + love

Garlic Fingers.

Do you want to know what I had for dinner last night?
Grilled zucchini slices, sauteed collard greens, and roasted asparagus.
And it was glorious.
Honestly, something weird is happening to me in the midst of this healthy eating bonanza -- I'm actually starting to prefer the healthy food.
Now, don't get me wrong -- I crave bread. And pasta. And cheese (full disclosure: I still eat cheese sometimes). But probably 90% of my meals the past several weeks have consisted of vegetables, fruits, fish, lean meat, or nuts. And the other 10% of the time, when I've decided to "treat myself" and eat a cheeseburger with the bun (last Sunday) or fried rice with my stringbeans (yesterday's lunch) -- I feel totally crappy afterward.
Not emotionally crappy, mind you. I don't beat myself up and feel guilty for indulging. Instead, I actually feel physically sick. It's funny how your body gets accustomed to certain things.
I can only hope and pray that my beloved buffalo chicken dip, when it does make its triumphant return to our coffee table, doesn't actually disgust me thanks to my weirdly-altered, "whole foods only please" palate.
Here is kind of a gross confession for you:
We eat a lot of garlic in the Stevenson household. A LOT. And given my small, nimble fingers -- I'm usually the one doing the mincing/chopping/slicing of this glorious bulb. After the fact, my hands are sticky and, well, fragrant. So I wash them off -- but it doesn't really take away the smell, you know?
There are all sorts of tips for getting rid of the beautiful garlic scent that finger-lingers after chopping -- like rubbing your fingers along a stainless steel knife blade (yikes), or sticking them into half a lemon. But while I was washing my face in the shower this morning, I breathed in and realized -- hey, garlic! And it made me smile, because -- well, I don't know (probably because I'm hungry).
Anyway, I've decided I really like it. You're alright with me, garlic fingers. You can stick around.

OMG, no one cares about this.
Okay, that's seriously enough food updates for now. I promise not to write about vegetables next time. It's been awhile since we've featured the dogs here, huh? Boy, do I have a few photos for you.

Art, blog, and more:

Relevant to: Garlic Fingers. + love