Barbie World + love

Halloween look and more....

Hey!

Well Halloween is over, and here comes Thanksgiving. I can't wait, really, I love this time of year. I can't wait to put up my Christmas decorations in my new house!!! But before we completely move on, I wanted to share with you my Halloween photo. I was at work and didn't have a lot of time to practice a really dramatic Halloween look. Also, that's just not my thing. While I love some of these really bold looks out there, my focus is more on makeovers/lessons etc. Although I wea r bolder colors than a lot of my friends, it's nothing really compared to the makeup world out there. I've only really done two Halloween looks; a zebra mask and a zombie. From work, I just did a spider web and some makeup. I think it turned out okay. It's something easy that, even if you don't consider yourself a Makeup Artist, you can do yourself. The thing that really helped me with this look was the Essence Eyeliner pen. I am just not good with liquid eyeliner in general, but this felt tip pen really helps me draw lines well. It doesn't smudge much either, unless you have bad watery eyes, then it can sometimes smear. I sing the praises of it all the time. Pick it up at Ulta for just a few dollars. I also used the Maybeline Color Tattoo eye shadow. Fierce and Tangy is the name. These really are great products! You can apply in a hurry and they last. There are some neutral colors as well.

Something else I wanted to say… So, I always talk to y'all about self-confidence, in believing in yourself, but sometimes I need reminded of that as well. We were talking about doing Halloween looks at school and several times I said "I can't." I know it's not my specialty... but I should have said, "Let me try, and see what I can do.” It's certainly okay to admit when you don't think you can do something, but it can be done in a way that is just admitting you can't yet instead of putting yourself down. Try, and you succeed no matter what; don't try and you automatically fail. Thank you for that reminder to my school-mate Kirsten. She is always very encouraging to me, let's me know my makeup looks good and is very kind. She is the kind of person that inspires me to keep improving my skills and reaching for my goals. Thank you girl!!! A special thank you to one of my best friends, Kayla. She proofs my blogs for me and, besides being one of my very best friends, is one of my biggest encouragers with my writing and business. I really couldn't ask for a better friend than her! Well, let's work together on taking “I can't” out of our vocab, and next time let's say I CAN TRY!

Halloween 2011 -Kerrie