Barbie World + hhholidays

For All Who Truly Believe: Part III

At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe. [The Polar Express]
Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing some of my favorite Christmas quotes, songs, and letters with you.
These are passages that absolutely make my heart sing and my throat grow tight. To me, they speak to something so precious and sacred about this time of year, and I don't just mean that in a religious sense. They speak to the hope we feel and the promises we make as the old year passes away. They touch on a magic that I firmly believe in -- the magic of faith and trust, the magic of childhood.
This third passage is about what I believe to be sacred.

...

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.'

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'

And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."