Barbie World + love

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. The past few days are right up there with the week before my wedding as the longest and busiest of my life. But they've been fulfilling and exciting too.

Work was crazy this week, and then every day I'd come home and face a big to-do list for our "cozy Christmas dinner party"-- the party that is turning out to be not quite as cozy (AKA small) as I originally believed. But things have come together so far (I think) beautifully -- and each time something else is accomplished, I feel lighter, happier, and more festive.

The irresistible surplus of wine at our house doesn't hurt, of course.

The party is tomorrow evening.

The first course, french onion soup, is currently bubbling on the stovetop -- this is one of my tip-top recipes, and it's much better the second day after all the ingredients have had a chance to mingle. Oh, also it'll make tomorrow much less stressful, so double bonus.

The wine cabinet, refrigerator, freezer and bartender mini-fridge are fully stocked. Our Costco run was extremely successful today (Kyle might say too successful). Pointsettas are cheerfully nestled throughout the first floor. Several different cheeses (be still, my heart) are just begging to be sliced and served.

Oh my gosh, yinz. I might actually pull this off.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. I'll post a full update on Sunday. I have to save most of the decor photographs for the 14th though, because I'm so excited for this holiday blog hop. I can't wait to share our Stevenson home and holiday with you. The decorations are few and modest, but there was a lot of love and thought put into them.

In the meantime, I have wine soup to attend to. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

PS -- feel better Grandma:)