Barbie World + teddy

Blogger's Block

I have it, yinz.

It isn't that I have nothing to share, but I'm not sure any of it is particularly interesting right now.

There are about 1,209,834 puppy photos, but I've made a solemn promise that my life will consist of more than just dog updates

So, first things first.

Kyle and I went out for a very belated "new job" celebratory dinner last night -- so belated that, when the waitress came up to our table and said "Congratulations!," Kyle looked at her with utter bewilderment. He says the first thing that went through his mind was "We've been married since last May." And that, friends, is a family man for you;)

I am house-hunting online like a fiend, but it's all for naught, because we probably won't be moving for another year or two. Still, I'm finding adorable brick houses in fantastic school districts with built-ins, working fireplaces, wood floors, adorable nooks and crannies, fenced backyards (beat, my still heart!) -- and they aren't outrageously expensive either!

Still more expensive, however, than Kyle -- the fun-killer -- would like right at this very moment. So it's still Mt. Washington for this family of four.

And... that's all I've got. On to the dogs...

Teddy sits for his dinner and water, but he still doesn't like the crate. I spotted a tag to God only knows what in one of his, you know, backyard gifts. No accidents now for two straight days. He is funny and adorable.

Bailey has gone from funny, adorable, and mellow... to funny, adorable, and absolutely bonkers. Do not even think about petting Teddy without smothering her with affection. She has socks scattered throughout the house for emergency "look how cute I am" purposes.

We're traveling up to Meadville tomorrow for some family birthday celebrations, and as a special gift to everyone we're bringing our mini zoo with us. You're welcome in advance.

Remember our trip to DC March 1-5? We're now scrambling to find willing pet-sitters. Cash, and my eternal gratitude, to anyone willing. Our families, it seems, are not -- and Kyle and I will just have to remember that once we have actual kids. Just kidding. But not really.

Look how calm and well-behaved they are...

Look how adorable...

Look how clean...

...and compliant...

...and obedient...

Any takers?

My blog has officially hit a new low... I'm using it as a pet-sitter recruiting tool.

No dog pictures for the next post. (I think I can, I think I can...)

Happy Friday!