Barbie World + blog

Lay Off Me, I'm Starving!

Source
Mr. Jack had his two month appointment yesterday.

15 pounds heavy, 25 inches long, 42 cm head circumference. Which translates to the 89th, 97th, and 98th percentiles, respectively.

Whoa.

Kyle thinks he's going to be NFL prospect, and has already talked to the coach of a local college football team (a friend from high school) who is reserving a spot for him in the class of 2030;)

Jack was long and lean when he was born, but not out of the ordinary. At 7 pounds, 4 ounces, he was just slightly under the 50th percentile, and at 21 inches, he was around the 85th. Then he spent the next 8 weeks of his life basically wailing away unless he was being fed. It literally felt sometimes like he was eating nonstop. Finally, I see why. My (very hard) work has paid off! Apparently I couldn't grow a great big baby on the inside, but he's done his fair share of catching up on the outside -- with my help. Who cares that I haven't really had a hot meal since early March?

.........................
I'll get back to blogging about other things soon. Life, and love, and all that other good stuff. But I only have a few days left where all my time is entirely devoted to Jack -- and to be honest, I'm going to miss it terribly. Aside from the fact that he's not exactly a low-maintenance baby and this is the hardest work I've ever done in my life, it's also the most rewarding and this is the happiest I've ever been. So I'm going to soak up the last of these baby days with my very own Hoss.