Barbie World + blog

Emotional Gamut.

You know when you have a week that isn't quite bad, but it's really not good either?

Womp womp womp.
When you plan to go to your husband's softball game with two dogs in tow, visions of reading a favorite book on the blanket dancing in your head -- you even consider bringing some cheese and wine along, because that is how out of touch with reality you really are -- and then it turns out that the field is pretty close to the projects, and your dogs are trying to eat cigarette butts and beer bottle caps?

And then, when you drive to your parent's house to hang out for awhile instead, your seven month old, I-really-thought-he-was-housebroken puppy pees all over their kitchen floor? And then later pees on their carpet too? WHAT THE HAY?!

Starting off the evening with so much hope...
That kind of night (last night, actually) is a pretty good summary of my week. Not the stuff of nightmares, and sort of funny after the fact, but just plain annoying and frustrating at the time.

Where is my field of soft grass with a thick comfy blanket, hunk of Gruyere cheese, and glass bottle of chardonnay?

via
This blah week is nearly over, though. It's Friday! The weekend is going to be filled with fun -- more to come on that later. (Check in for some super sweet 1960s photos tomorrow).
Also, nothing makes me feel better than a good laugh, so let's revisit some of the best quotes from one of my all-time favorite episodes of The Office -- Dinner Party.
..........................
Andy: [with bouquet of flowers] These are for you. Jan: How thoughtful! Andy: Except for one flower, which is for my flower. [takes a rose for Angela] Angela: What am I supposed to do with this?

Michael: When I said that I wanted to have kids and you said that you wanted me to have a vasectomy, what did I do? And then, when you said that you might want to have kids and I wasn't so sure? Who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said you definitely didn't wanna have kids? Who had it reversed back? Snip snap snip snap snip snap. I DID! You have no idea the physical toll three vasectomies have on a person. And I bought the condo to fill with children! Jan: I'm so sorry that I don't wanna bring kids into this screwed up world. Michael: I'm sorry too. Jan: But look, if you wanna have kids, then fine! You win! Let's have a [bleep] kid! Michael: Do you mean it? You wanna have a kid?

Pam: What a cute bench. Michael: Thanks, that's my bed. Jan has, uh, some space issues so I crawl up on that puppy. Jim: Really? 'Cause, it seems pretty narrow... and short. Michael: It's actually a lot bigger than it seems. Look at this. [lies down on bench] Jan: See? He fits perfectly.

.........................
That's better!
I guess Teddy's not such a bad sort, really (just an extremely well-hydrated one).
And perhaps I didn't need the cheese and wine after all. (I'm down 7.5 lbs as of this morning!) (I did have some wine at my parent's house, oops).

Happy Friday!!!