Barbie World + love

The Most Northern Southern Town.

"Baltimore is warm but pleasant... I belong here, where everything is civilized and gay and rotted and polite." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, author
The Baltimore trip ate up the end of last week -- completely gobbled it and spat it out, really -- and I spent the weekend recovering/celebrating/eating.

I still have so many things to share with you, readers -- hair updates (keratin treatment -- I haz it), Daniel's graduation, Hilton Head changes of plan, musings about summer, and of course puppy overkill -- but my visit to a pretty charming city is the order of the day.

In spite of all that purple nonsense (Ravens? Really?!) and the crime statistics, I love Baltimore. It's colonial in a more Southern style, and it has lots of bricks and seafood, two of my favorite things.

Rather than my typical blathering on and on, let's see some photographic evidence of my adventures.

The line for security was insane -- and this was the shorter option, for those with only one bag. I think the lady up ahead of me is cheating? I spy a backpack and a satchel.

TGI Fridays in the airport. Pretty decent hummus, as a matter of fact.

My home for the evening -- Renaissance on the Inner Harbor

One of the perks of business travel is staying in much nicer hotels than you yourself could afford.

Strolling to my next hotel the following morning along the Inner Harbor.

Awwwww

Up to the left there is the Marriott. I love this place.

OMG.

Bruce at check-in upgraded me to a VIP suite on the top floor with a view of the Inner Harbor. He also said Kyle is a very lucky man. That Bruce, such a charmer;)

Equally exciting-- towel animal.

I stopped by the Civil War Museum right next to the hotel.

Turns out Abraham Lincoln was sort of dashing... who knew?

This part gave me shivers... instructions to Union Army soldiers during riots in Baltimore... "Do not fire into any promiscuous crowds, but select any man whom you may see aiming at you, and be sure to drop him."

Snapping me back to reality -- look who I met on the way out! This beagle puppy could not have weighed more than 5 lbs.

Dinnertime!

My favorite little Italian place

Best antipasti platter I've ever had. The mozzarella, sardines, and kalamata olives especially.

Evening along the harbor

This almost felt like vacation

Friday morning

On my way home!
It was my first business trip entirely on my own -- I've always gone with a coworker, or my mom (Kyle has yet to take advantage of these posh accommodations -- such a workaholic!)
And while it would have been more fun with someone else along for the ride, I had a really nice time strolling at my own pace and exploring the city. Plus no one took anything I wanted to eat from the antipasti platter. It was mine. All mine.
Not a bad way to spend a few nights, really.