Barbie World + life

Homemade Avocado & Honey Pre-poo Treatment

Hi ladies, since falling into the natural world, I've found myself trying all kinds of things for my hair and skin that i never imagined i would try. When people ask me "How to you keep your hair so pretty?" I look at them, take a breath and start talking about SOME of the things i do. Usually they look at me like I'm crazy or they say "That's too much girl, I don't have time for all that". Growing healthy pretty NATURAL hair is not easy like some people think. This treatment will benefit ALL hair types so I suggest everyone give it a try.

One of the things i make sure i ALWAYS do is PRE-POO my hair before shampooing. For those of you who don't know what that means, its simply applying a moisturizing treatment to the hair before you shampoo. When you shampoo your hair you are stripping the natural oils from your hair and scalp. The pre-poo treatment will put some of that oil back in the hair and scalp, helping you keep the oil you hair needs and not to mention ridiculously soft hair! The recipe i use simply contains coconut oil or olive oil,a teaspoon of whatever conditioner I have on hand and a ripe avocado, I mash everything together and apply it to my SLIGHTLY damp hair. This mixture usually stays on my hair for about an hour then I wash my hair as I normally do and well... that's it lol. Keep this regimen up for a month and you will notice the difference in your hair.

2nd Option:
Too busy to mix all that up all the time? Well you can opt for Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment. I purchased mine at whole foods for about 7 bux plus tax but you can also order it for like 8 bux.

I hope this tip helped someone out there, have a great one!