Barbie World + love

Kerrie's Anti-Aging tips!!

HELLO beautiful faces!

As I get older I find myself trying to find more and more ways to keep my age from showing on my face!! I don't mind a few little lines here and there but let's not take over the face please! I am by no means a expert on this subject but I do get told a lot that I don't look my age..here are my "secrets" to try and stay looking young. I hope some of them work for you as well! I have put a lot of time into this blog, writing what I know and gathering information for you to make a informed choice. Please comment below and let me know if anything helped you with what you have read!!! Comments are always so appreciated!

* Washing your face at night. My 1# recommendation!
I cannot say it enough! WASH YOUR FACE AT NIGHT! People tell me I look younger than I am, 37, and I will tell you the best thing to do- wash your face! Leaving all that makeup, dead skin cells, and pollution we get from being outside is so damaging to your skin. Acne/wrinkles/dryness/pre-mature aging..NO THANKS! It only takes a few minutes for a basic face wash.
I use Cetaphil on my face as of right now. So many people have recommended it to me. I don't typically buy expensive, fancy face washes now because if you think about it, they only stay on your face for a minute! Basics work for face wash! Too tired? Use a face wipe, it's better than nothing and can really help get makeup off! Keep them by your bed in case you forget to wash, no excuses now!
I have tried Olive Oil that everyone talks about. It did help moisturize my face, maybe one day I will use it or coconut (both of these can remove makeup or be used as a moisturizer!) on a regular basis! I am trying to use more of these products because some of the store bought products, I believe, have extra ingredients that we don't need or possibly want! I checked into Olive Oil at the dollar store and it was quite a bit cheaper!
Here are a few other useful blogs that I have written- Yes I know some of these blogs may have some of the same information..but each one has it's own unique tips as well, so sit back, relax, read up and try some of these things. Your skin will thank you!
**You will find things about exfoliating in here as well, and that is so important!
http://www.gorgeousglamblog.com/2011/02/skin-care.html
http://www.gorgeousglamblog.com/2012/03/too-busy-to-wash-your-face-at.html

* Exfoliate. Bye-bye dead skin cells, hello fresh face!
It is so important to do this to get off those dead skin cells and reveal new healthier skin. This will help keep skin supple and healthy..may help prevent fine lines and helps your moisturizer reach your healthy skin cells instead of the dead ones you need to take off anyway :) See the above links from previous blogs I have written for information on this!

* Sunscreen
Wear sunscreen. If you do nothing else, please start doing this. It will help prevent sun damage, wrinkles, future sun spots and most imporatnly..can help percent Skin Cancer. Zinc Oxide based sun screens will help block UVA and UVB rays. The following are two really good posts, please take a few minutes to read them. They will shed some light on the difference between UVA AND UVB rays and why we need to be aware of them both.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/skin-cancer/DS00190/DSECTION=symptoms

* Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize I cannot say it enough your skin with thank you!
I've heard over and over again, the best time to moisturize is while your skin is a little wet..Like after washing your face or showering. They say it helps your skin absorb the product better.
I hear a lot about using coconut oil on your skin as well. I haven't bought any because I can't find one that looks good but my friend Sara loves it. I hear it helps prevent sagging and aging. There are other benefits as well- I hope to get some soon, plus I am obsessed with the smell of coconut! http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html
As far as eye creams and speciality products, I'm gonna be honest..I really don't know. I have heard/read so many things that this ingredient is best but the opposite-that they all work the same. I can't keep it straight! I do believe that a lot of inexpensive products work the same. I know Retin-a products do work, but then again... some better than others. I want to try this one- The wal-mart version of Retin-A. I have a friend who said it works and I know those type of products do. I don't know how much of the active ingredient Wal-Mart is allowed to put in there product verses a prescription and therein lies the key to if it works! I have to be careful what I use right now anyway with my laser treatments for my sun damage so I can't try a lot of things I want to.
Here are my favorite so far -
Moisturizer- I adore Oil Of Olay products. Although they can be so expensive, this however is not. It is under 10.00 at CVS. I have used the CVS versions as well and they work too. I need to compare and see but they aren't too much of a difference in price anyway so I typically get one if it's on sale over the other.
http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/Olay-Night-Of-Olay-Firming-Cream?skuId=216267
Eye Cream- Rénergie Lift Volumetry Eye Lancome

Here are two more things that I have heard great things about and what to try when I can-
UltraLift -http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product-struct.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_SKINCARE^SKINCARE^SKINCARE_DISCOVER^ULTRALIFT^ULTRALIFT_RTN2bis&prdcode=P17026

Dark Spot Corrector- I have heard over and over this helps lighten and prevent (use all over your face) http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS%5EPRD_SKINCARE%5ESKIN_RENEW%5ESKIN_RENEW_DISCOVER%5ESKIN_RENEW_RTN3&prdcode=P10904

* Vitamin E on your eyelids and around your eyes.
I heard that this helps tighten the skin around your eyes and boy does it work!! I really notice a difference when I use it regularly. My eye lids were starting to show my age and this helped tighten them back up..Hope it continues to work. Just break open a small capsule and run on your eyelids and under your eyes at night. Don't get it your eye!! I go over it with a eye cream so the greasiness of the Vite e doesn't drive me nuts! You can go over with Vaseline too, I hear that is great as well!

* Drink water!!
We all know the health benefits of drinking water but it really does keep your skin hydrated which is a great thing for your face! This is one reason we get wrinkles, our skin dries out! Keeping your body flushed of toxins makes a world of difference in your health and skin!

* Exercise
I am so convinced that this is they key. Keeping your skin tight and firm helps so much so that as you age and things naturally get loser, you can help your body prevent that. Do you know that walking 30 minutes a day can lower your risk of heart attach by 50 percent?!?! Had to throw that in there! I love this page and found two articles that may be useful. I haven't read both of them completely, but I will..you check it out too. http://www.livestrong.com/tight-skin/ There are so many web pages with advice etc but I find this to be one that I have (so far) agreed with everything that I have read!

P.S. for those of us trying to lose weight..I have heard that using a firming lotion and taking fish oil pills while you do so can help keep skin tight..I am doing those! I also am losing it very slowly which helps, unfortunately way slower than I want!

* Eating healthy-
You can take Fish oil pills and Vitamins to help too, but of course eating healthy is the best way to go! I have heard so much about how Vitamin C can help prevent wrinkles!
Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants which help you prevent cancers and other disease and can do so much good for your skin as well- Found this on a site as a quick helpful chart.
Beta-carotene and other carotene's: Apricots, asparagus, beets, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots, corn, green peppers, kale, mangoes, turnip and collard greens, nectarines, peaches, pink grapefruit, pumpkin, squash, spinach, sweet potato, tangerines, tomatoes, and watermelon
Vitamin C: Berries, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cantaloupe, cauliflower, grapefruit, honeydew, kale, kiwi, mangoes, nectarines, orange, papaya, red, green or yellow peppers, snow peas, sweet potato, strawberries, and tomatoes
Vitamin E: Broccoli, carrots, chard, mustard and turnip greens, mangoes, nuts, papaya, pumpkin, red peppers, spinach, and sunflower seeds
Also, one of my favorite Pinterest pins to help- http://pinterest.com/pin/133700682657228698/ May contain a lot of the same things as the following web site-
I found this site also and I read it and it is so right!!! GO READ IT! http://www.nowloss.com/Best-foods-for-your-skin.htm It is for your health and your skin.
*** Report back to me when you've read it :) It is your homework!!

If you know anything about me, you know I ADORE Dr. Oz. He is so smart and really cares to help people. I have posted a few links below that you may find useful!
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-7-day-anti-aging-checklist?page=4#copy
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/24-hour-anti-aging-plan?page=4#copy

I hope these tips and information help you. There is a lot here to read but if you take the time, I bet you will find some things you can use and pass on to friends as well.
Take care of your skin and it will take care of you!

Please remember that I am not a dermatologist and this is all my thoughts/feelings/opinions so please make the choices that are right for you and consult your dermatologist!
Comment below with your anti-ageing secrets for us all to benefit from!

- Kerrie