Barbie World + love

Treading Water and Eating Green Things.

I was wondering aloud at lunch this afternoon what on earth could be causing the sort of bone-deep muscle tiredness I've felt over the past few days...
...and then I realized, just this very minute, that the only constant amid the sea of variables in my life is the fact that I've taken to "treading water" while chatting at the pool lately, jokingly calling it my "exercise." Ha-ha, look at me, isn't that hilarious.
Except, turns out, it's not a joke. I am sore from the simple act of skimming my arms back and forth, and fluttering my legs here and there.
And if that right there isn't pathetic, then I don't know what is, friends.
On the other hand, perhaps it's because my plates lately make it look as though I basically went out grazing in a field, stopping occasionally to plunge my hand into the icy waters of a nearby stream and, Let's-get-down-to-business-to-defeat-the-Huns style, pull fish out for a tasty treat.

via Li Shang Kyle is not impressed by my halfhearted dieting efforts
So many vegetables, so much seafood. Brussel sprouts, green beans, peppers, kale, collard greens, cucumbers. Swordfish, sole, salmon. It's all really good, but sometimes you just want a steaming dish full of pasta and cheese, you know?

I even skipped all my favorite real meals at the Cheesecake Factory today, and instead ordered this salad. Delicious, nutritious -- and as you can see, there is some cheese lying in wait there -- but do you know what I really wanted, friends? The spicy chicken chipotle pasta, chicken blackened, if you please. Honey Glazed Chicken, Asparagus, Red and Yellow Peppers, Peas, Garlic and Onion in a Spicy Chipotle Parmesan Cream Sauce. All 234,098 calories of it.
No lie, my mouth is watering right now just thinking about it.
Alas, life goes on, though a little less flavorfully than before. But with better fitting pants.
The only thing that makes this whole process mildly easier is the freakishly hot temperatures outside and our beloved home's lack of air conditioning. If there's one thing that makes carbs and cheese sound slightly less tempting, it's global warming. The heat generated simply from boiling water for pasta in our galley kitchen makes gazpacho seem just about right.