Barbie World + blog

There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky. [Percy Bysshe Shelley]

There's some sort of elixir in the morning dew these days, and the sun shines a little softer.

(If a tree falls in my backyard, does it make a sound?) (Yes, yes it does.) (I'll save this saga for another time)
My coffee tastes better while I squeeze in some work during naptime.

(The aquatic friends jumper really adds a certain je ne sais quoi to our living room, yes?)
My stovetop is starting to get crowded by pots of bubbling, simmering soups and stews, and the oven is seeing a rotation of roasting root vegetables and squashes.

(Roasted butternut squash with cumin, cayenne, and caraway -- yum!)
My sweaters and scarves are coming out of their cozy hiding spots in the closet, and I've added more quilts to the beds for our chilly nights.

(That is three quilts on our bed, if you're counting)

(Just the one in the guest bedroom, but goodness is she a rare beauty)
In short, my favorite season is coming around again. The cold mornings, the honey crisp apples at Shenot's Farm Market, the bright blue skies with their changeable clouds, the smell of spices in the kitchen and leaves burning in the air -- this part of the year is definitely my happy place.

Judging by the big smiles on our daily walks, Mr. Jack seems to be a fan of autumn too.

Happy Wednesday, fall friends:)