Barbie World + party

Guest Feature: A Brooklyn Limestone in Progress

~WHADYA WANNA KNOW "PARTY SERIES"~

Q: Of course everyone wants to know where you get your creative party inspiration from?
A: I take things from here and there. Generally it starts off with something small and I build a party around that as a concept. Once I have a central theme I start digging around online, in magazines and in my own brain to come up with little elements that work together.

Q: What do you feel are the key elements for hosting fabulous party?
A: There are a lot of things that have to come together for a party to be great. Many are not in your control and you have to be okay with that. But the one thing that is in your control is the planning and prepping. Go the extra mile in both the little touches and the prep and it will pay off in spades. If you don't want to put in the time and effort, might as well just not bother.

Q: Are there any new party trends that interest you?
A: I’m the least trendy person out there so I don't have an answer here. I know when I got married just 8 years ago, doing something traditional in a different way was considered kind of odd by many. Now it seems the norm to try to put your own spin on things and I love that. But I hope that isn't a trend as much as it is a fixture forever.

Q: How do you incorporate your own personal style on party inspiration from others?
A: Knowing my way around graphic design and printing helps me customize a few little touches at each party. Its not a requirement but I'm a paper person so I want to make sure all of the paper goods at an event work well with each other as well as the occasion, the location, etc.

Q: If there was one thing you could do differently when hosting a party what would it be?
A: Budget is always the most limiting factor. I'd love to throw a party where money was no object but I doubt that will ever happen. A girl can dream, right?

Q: Do you ever sit down and enjoy your fabulous soirees?
A: Oh yes, absolutely. I do usually spend all kinds of crazy hours preparing (I'm usually up all night the day before) but once the party gets started, I let it go and try to enjoy it. No point in putting so much effort in if I can't have fun too!

Q: What do you feel is worth splurging on when hosting a party?
A: You could probably guess this already but I think invites are worth the splurge. They set the tone and get people excited about the event. Frame of mind is half the battle. Aside from invites I like to have at least one interesting factor at each party if I can. Sometimes its the centerpieces, sometimes its the favors, sometimes its some other little touch. The idea is that guests leave with something they haven't seen before.

Q: Are there any don'ts when hosting a party?
A: Oh I have tons! There isn't enough room on the internet to get to them all but here is a big one: Don't expect your guests to go all out if you don't.

Q: How do you make fabulous look so easy?
A: You only say that because you don't see me in person. The night before I'm in my pajamas, cursing the day I agreed to host or help and looking like warm death. Naturally I don't pull out my camera then either.:)

Q: When’s the next party, and can we all come (wink,wink)?!
A: I don't have any parties planned right now. Maybe next time:)

*Thanks, Stefanie for agreeing to participate in this Q&A~ I hope it will inspire others as much as it has inspired me!
**Catch the first half of this series here.