Barbie World + blog

The Merry Month of March.

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! [Mark Twain]
This third month of 2013 brings with it the promise of so many good things.
Kyle's birthday is this weekend -- the big 2-9. We're going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant (as God is my witness, I'll never go without a margarita again), he's getting a pretty sweet gift, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve too. It's our last hurrah before Baby, so I want things to be extra-special.

Fun times!!!
Of course, the big event is this month. If people ask when I'm due from now on, I can say "THE 12th" instead of "March 12th" -- exciting stuff! Other than a half-packed hospital bag, we are as ready as we could possibly be.

Well, Kyle and I are ready. I'm not so sure this one is prepared to become our middle child.
Then, there's St. Patrick's Day -- tighten up your strings, boys. I'm sure we won't be celebrating quite like the days of yesteryear (see below for Carrie and Kyle circa 2009), but I do love this boozy, hokey, Americanized holiday. Erin go bragh!

I'm a junior in college here. (It's also 8 A.M.) Crazy.
A few days after that -- spring has sprung!!! The vernal equinox is March 20 this year, so we'll officially move into the time of year when the hours of light outnumber the hours of darkness. Speaking personally, that's not a moment too soon.

Little buds making a brave appearance downtown.
And then, Easter. Whether we dress our new arrival up in a tiny, sweet dress or a dashing little bow tie (yes, I'm totally going there), it'll be time to honor all things fresh and new. Could there be a better month to have a wee one? I think not.

via Pinterest (Thanks to a very talented photographer, we're going to get newborn photos too! So excited!)
Even if it's frigid right now, even if it's cold all month, I have a lot of warm feelings about welcoming March.