Barbie World + music

Music is the poetry of the air. [Richter]

I've big on a big time music kick lately, revisiting all my old folksy favorites.

I have an unabashed love for folk rock music. Sure, I listen to all kinds of tunes... The Beatles, The Band Perry, Celtic Woman, The Civil Wars, and John Mayer are all contenders for my tip-top favorites. But for my money, I don't think there is anything better than well-crafted folk rock. Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Cat Stevens. Joni Mitchell. John Denver. Gordon Lightfoot. James Taylor.

Most especially, the genius that is Simon and Garfunkel.

It's misty and sunlit outside. I'm treating myself to coffee in a bit. We're off for a long weekend in DC later this week. And for all those reasons, and a million more, let's listen to some beautiful music today.

Start with Simon and Garfunkel... because I seriously doubt anyone will actually listen through all of these videos, and if you hear anything on a day like today, it should be them.

Simon and Garfunkel -- Scarborough Fair/ Canticle

And now, for old and new favorites. A hodge-podge of the tunes that make me smile. I hope you like them too. (PS -- Barton Hollow is not to be missed!)

If I Die Young -- The Band Perry

The Civil Wars -- Barton Hollow

Crosby, Still, & Nash -- Daylight Again/ Find the Cost of Freedom

Cat Stevens -- Longer Boats

John Denver -- Guess He'd Rather Be in Colorado

James Taylor -- You Can Close Your Eyes